First, let’s look at the 10 traits of the ideal Proverbs 31 woman:
- She has strong faith
- She invests in her marriage
- She is mothering
- She is mindful of her health
- She is serving to those around her
- She is mindful of her finances
- She is industrious and hardworking
- She is a homemaker
- She uses time wisely
- She is beautiful inside and out
Now how can we break this down into an easy to apply challenge? Let’s spend one week on each trait, spending that whole week to focus on it. (if you want to dedicate a whole year, you could also spend a month per trait, or go week to week and repeat the list five times.)
However you do it, I’d suggest inviting some of your other married female friends so you all have accountability.
Now for some application tips:
1. She has strong faith
- Try a daily devotional. There are a lot online.
- Take time today to meditate, even if its just 5 minutes.
- Save a bible verse as the background of your phone. Every time you look at your phone, take a second to be reminded of that verse.
- Keep a prayer journal
- If it’s been awhile, pull out your bible and read!
- Listen to sermons or podcasts online!
2. She invests in her marriage
- Write your husband some love notes and hide them where he’ll find them. Or don’t hide them at all! Stick that post-it on his computer monitor or toothbrush! (Have a hard time being creative? try printables!)
- Find a new way to communicate to your husband using his love language. (Don’t know about love lanugauges? Look at this.)
3. She is mothering
- Not a mother? How can you be a great mentor to someone today?
- Are you a mother? How can you be a blessing to your children? Maybe vow today that you’ll yell a little less, play a little more, and put down the cell phone.
4. She is mindful of her health
- How can you eat healthier today? Bust out the greens! Don’t have anything good in the house? If you have to, walk to the store and buy a veggie tray.
- Are you fit? If you don’t have an easy gym, hit up youtube for easy workouts. (I prefer some zumba myself)
- Do you have an unhealthy habit or addiction that you can start fighting today? Look up some tips on how to get started.
5. She is serving to those around her
- Do you know of someone in your circle of friends that could use some help? Do you know a stranger in need? How can you meet those needs?
- Try some random acts of kindness. There are lots of ideas on pinterest and online.
6. She is mindful of her finances
- Do you have a budget? If not, consider making one. Review the budget with your husband often.
- What money are you spending that you could cut back on? A magazine subscription? A daily trip to starbucks?
- Do you have a savings account? What is your plan for when disaster strikes?
7. She is industrious and hardworking
- If you have a job, how can you be the best, hardest worker there?
- If you stay at home, what extra effort can you put in that has potential for extra income?
8. She is a homemaker
- Give yourself a cleaning goal for this week. For example, this week I will actually make my bed every single day.
- Try a new tasty recipe in the kitchen. It doesn’t have to be made from scratch, so don’t stress too much. (You can find tons of recipes online and on Pinterest.)
9. She uses time wisely
- Think about the things that are time wasters. How much time are you vegging out to TV or Facebook? How can you better use that time to improve on these 10 characteristics?
10. She is beautiful inside and out
- Find an excuse to dress up. Even if the only reason is to remind your husband that you are one hot babe.
- Focus on some “inner beauty” qualities. Are you patient? Are you kind?
If you have any other suggestions, question, or comments, please let me know!!
If you like it, share it!
Photo courtesy of MRVaughnMedia